PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?

This thread is to make a list of issues Hamma can talk to the devs. This is not to make a list of things to be sent to the video game wizard who can snap his fingers and make them real.

Well done by Malorn for pointing out the flaws in the presented arguments about Sancs. However, the argument for Sancs ignores the problem that removing them was trying to fix and didn't. The need for players to get into the fight quickly. The complaint of "How do I get to the fight?" was one of the most legitimate complaints I heard from players who picked up the game but didn't get hooked. The problem isn't Sancs or Warpgates, it's something that Planetside has always been bad at.
Tutorials.
Normal MMOs have a kidy pool where new players can get into a fight and be able to learn before letting into the deeper game. Planetside doesn't have that. Never has. There is no 'end' game for people to practice through there just is 'the' game. CoD has its single player to act as the tutorial for its multiplayer (remember 'The Pit' level in mw2?) When players say "I can't find a fight" what they're actually saying is "I don't know how to find a fight" and right now there is no way for them to learn how to besides fumbling.

The Devs are probably eyes deep in making the game right now so I'd suggest to ask some broader questions because they'll have plenty of time to fix the mag's turning/fps issue but once the game goes live they're stuck with their payment model.

What kind of game do they want to make? Not "The best MMOFPS ever" but things like combined arms, rotating cont control, and the place of resources. What are they supposed to be when they're done?
If we get this information we can give better feedback.

Infantry resource costs vs Vehicle resource costs.

Size of the world vs size of the war. Which is supposed to feel larger?

The pace of combat when looked at over hours.

Player distribution, is the idea of splitting the fight out over a base still holding?
What about distribution over the map?

What are engagement distances now? Tank engagement distances? Do the maps support it?

What vehicles are pulled most? Least? Why?

Why do certs cost what they cost? Does the cert justify the cost?