PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 and MLG: an e-sports Future? the mittani
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside 2 and MLG: an e-sports Future? the mittani

Originally Posted by Noxxia View Post
Per Higby's post, the article, and other responses I've see, I wonder how having only 5 of 48 show up really effects the integrity of planetside as an eSport. I mean, I hate to bring up the evil h-word, but this really does have to do with hacking. Many counterstrike pros that were LAN proven players have admitted to hacking in online tournaments on a day where they were sick, or even just to not have to play as hard.I can't find anything on the internet because sometimes things you read 8 years ago completely vanishes. I will keep looking and if I come across the article I'll post it, because what i"m saying is a bold statement to make without any proof. So take it for what it's worth. But basically, with 43 players that aren't LAN proven my fear is that PS2 will not be taken seriously as an eSport. Obviously fielding 48 players at a LAN is just about impossible, but maybe a better goal would be "Bring as many as you can". Sending only 5 encourages teams to have a hacker or two, even if it's just Wall hacks. If there is a prize on the line and they don't have to prove they weren't cheating other than relying on anti-hack software, which is far from reliable, this scares me.
I see we have someone who has actually played a competitive game before. Its not uncommon to find people playing years before they get caught online. CAL and even CEVO was full of them. I am skeptical it will work, but we will just have to see. Aimbots and recoil hacks can be detected by just spectating - but wall hacks aren't easy unless you can see the person's monitor.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2013-03-19 at 03:38 PM.