Thread: Israel
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
MightyMan
Corporal

Re: Israel

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
[citation needed]

They're running. You can see their legs quite clearly.

You're the one who linked to the shitty no-name website that doesn't have any actual evidence of anything. And who really cares, anyway? Would that picture being fake mean that no Palestinian civilians ever get nearly killed by Israeli missiles?

So an Israeli illegally moves into a Palestinian neighbourhood after the building's former owners are either paid to leave or forcibly evicted, and then they complain about how they're not safe because the Palestinians try to attack them. You seriously do not see the problem here? Maybe if the settlers don't want to get attacked they should stop settling in the occupied Palestinian territories. Someone get Netanyahu on the horn, we've really cracked the case with this one.
So. Yes. The facts that photographer would die and that the rocket is fake is true (the rocket is to clear; from personal experience. Unless the rocket was used as a blunt weapon, or had an explosion radius of 1 meter he would die). On the other hand, maybe they were running from a tank or something which did not feet into the picture. Maybe there were illegal settlers shooting at them at the time. Maybe it was not in Israel at all. Who the hell knows?
Shit site or no, logic still wins this argument.

"Would that picture being fake mean that no Palestinian civilians ever get nearly killed by Israeli missiles?"
I'd admit here. Civilians DO get killed by missiles. Like once every year. If they ignore the warning from the IDF before the bombing. If civilian targets are near a place where the bombing cannot be announced, there is no bombing. There is head-on approach. Why do I know that? If they would not announce the bombing beforehand the civilian casualties really would reach thousands of people over the years. Also the IDF gladly shouts it every time there is a casualty to look like an angel.
When such civilian casualty does occur, other Palestinians march with the grave all over their territory to show how bad and demonic their oppressor is, a thing which is shown all over both Israeli news and Palestinian news like once every~ year, with no such occasion being missed, to show the great sins of the satan. And because it is profitable for the news. Half of those have been proved to be fake. What can I say. As much as I am not happy with this (I am not), there is nothing more that could possibly be done to prevent those occasion, other then no attacking at all, in which case terrorism would flourish all over the place.

"So an Israeli (illegal settler please) illegally moves into a Palestinian neighbourhood after the building's former owners are either paid to leave or forcibly evicted"

There are so many wrong things with this. Settlers do not illegally move into Palestinian houses. They build their own on a free territory. Palestinians have no reason to move out of their houses because unlike what you may think, Palestinians are not squishy snails and can defend themselves, thus such an encounter would be just as dangerous for the settlers. Also, if the owner is paid to leave then what is wrong with that? It is called buying property.
Settlers do not complain about them not being being safe. It is the authorities duty to stop such conflicts.
Think about it: at the occasion of gang wars, the police does not wait for the gangs to kill each other and then comes afterwards to collect the bodies. Instead, the police breaks in, as fast as it can, and tries to stop it and arrest the participants without using lethal force. While the
settler-Palestinian conflicts do not go up to that level (replace pistols with rocks and shouting), the authorities still have to stop those conflicts because they are fully aggressive.
And getting Netanyahu on the horn would not help because he is a total donkey. No one likes him. Or, at least 70% of us don't like him. He is a liar and tells everyone only what they want to hear, without him actually doing anything. Thanks god the elections are near.

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Also, if you want to stop talking about Palestinians we could actually start talking about the apparent upswing in anti-African sentiment.

But don't worry guys, they'll even have special camps where African migrants can be concentrated into one area.

I am aware of this, but words in a stupid old book about land ownership are irrelevant. They don't change the fact that their activities are recognized as illegal by the international community.
So what is wrong with you'r argument about the Africans?
Mostly that they are not immigrants. They are illegal immigrants. It is not racial hate, but enforcing the borders.
Same thing goes to the camps. The camps in which they stay before they are deported to their original country. Instead of being homeless. Legal African immigrants (Ethiopia and Yemen) leave here peacefully since 1950.
The same thing happens in most of the other countries in the world.
Congrats on making an issue out of nothing.
Though I do agree that the hospital thing went to far.

"words in a stupid old book about land ownership are irrelevant. They don't change the fact that their activities are recognized as illegal by the international community"

Agreed. That is why I am an atheist. To me the bible seems mostly like bullshit. That counts the millions who prayed to god to save them, right before the were burnt alive in the gas chambers.

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
One could even get a feeling of how fucked up and wrong that whole part of the world is by watching something as innocuous as An Idiot Abroad. People look at the Berlin wall as this great insult to human dignity, ignoring the fact that the Palestinians are living that right now.

It's chancy thought because you know that if the Israelis weren't vigilant, the arab nations would gladly crush them at the earliest opportunity, as they've tried before.

Religions. It all comes down to dumbshit religions. It'll end us if we don't end it.
"People look at the Berlin wall as this great insult to human dignity, ignoring the fact that the Palestinians are living that right now."
Not really. Those are two different "countries" (they even have their own representatives in the Olympiad) under completely different rule. The rate of smuggling and illegal board crossing was way to high to leave the borders naked. Ever since the walls were built such cases have decreased to about a fifth of what was before that. It is like if the USA did the same thing on the border with Mexico.
I'l agree with you on the other subjects though. Religions are dumbshit indeed.

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-08-06 at 02:53 PM.