PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Regenerating Health?...Why?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
meiam
Corporal

Re: Regenerating Health?...Why?

Well the thing not having it would educate player, this is F2P so people with no idea of what exactly is planetside all about will start playing the game. Now they'll get in a fire fight, lose some health, then hide in a corner and notice that there health isn't coming back, so that'll push to thinking:

1) Well I don't want to be in this kind of situation, maybe I should stick around with some people so they can heal me. Teach basic grouping skill.

2) Well I better make I sure I know where is the closest area were I can regen health and make sure to secure it. Teach them to make sure to know where stuff are on the map so they can easily get to a healing station.

3) Stop playing because if they want a game where all they need to do is shoot, stop, rinse and repeat, then PS2 isn't what they want. In fact with health regen it could lead to a bunch of people just playing it like any modern shooter, which, I think, would defeat the point of the game

Other stuff, the E3 demo we're seeing has spawn point placed closer to the fire fight specifically for the demo, it's not like that in the real game. If you don't want to have to run around with 2 health left, make sure you don't, force you to think beyond the next 2 second. Medic still have a role, but its pretty much just to revive people, replacing that medic by a guy who certed into squad spawn seem more efficient, so why would you have a maedic? Small group should have to think about there composition, instead of just going "lets just grab whatever shoot the hardest, we don't need support"

I'm all for health regen as something you need to cert into, you wanna play lone wolf, sure, learn how the game is actually played, then spec into lone wolf, not the other way around.

Last edited by meiam; 2012-06-06 at 07:03 PM.