PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Auraxium and its issues
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
bullet
First Sergeant

Re: Auraxium and its issues

How about making bases meaningful again? I'll just take my post from the official forums about how bases were meaningful in PS1.

I would have to say the main benefits of bases in PS1 were the Command EXP you got from capturing, the ability to pull vehicles, and their specific benefits they gave. Below is the list of benefits.

-Cutting out the info on bases since I'm assuming most people here know
the base benefits-

I know they're working on getting these in, but I'm listing the benefits of having a PS1 base /flameshield. With certain bases on your side, you had a pretty good advantage over your opponents. Dropship center benefits were always my favorite along with the interfarm, I mean Interlink Facility benefits.

Bases also became the main and only source of your vehicles, excluding Sanctuary which was unfeasible for a sustained battle. They were required to push the next target unlike now where towers in PS2 can serve this purpose. If you began to lose a base, you busted your *** to get back to that base otherwise you lost your foothold on that entire area. We can circumvent all bases through the hex system, we have no need for bases other than the Auraxium they give at this point.

As for Command EXP, this was what leveled up your Command Rank for the ones leading Squads/Platoons and gave you special benefits, which became less special as time progressed. The leaders of outfits, squads/platoons relied on capping bases so they could have a better chance at leading everyone to victory. This is again removed in PS2. You can just be a killwhore to get your EXP --> Certs --> Command Rank, which is what Command Rank boiled down to in the end with PS1. Killwhores used the Orbital Strike to buffer their K/D which is what will most likely happen again.