PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How fun is it to lose?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: How fun is it to loose?

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
I like this idea, some sort of points bonus as an understaffed defender holding out to the bitter end. Not sure how they'd calculate that, keeping tabs on number of attackers/defenders, but it's a very good way to add incentive towards holding out to the bitter end rather than just dropping out when you know the base is going to be lost.
There was a system they were interested in implimenting in PS1, which was a shield dome that came up over the base after you defended it for a certain amount of time. Idea was it gave the defenders something to fight for, and forced the attacks to back off.

It also had the unique idea of being able to be taken down quicker by bombardment. I always loved the idea of the enemy all spawning flails to bring down our shield while we redeployed the courtyard, and waited inside with artillery raining down ontop of the shield, waiting for it to break. Would have been really dramatic gameplay.

I think as far as they got to implimenting it was on the capital bases on continents. Lets hope the energy domes we have seen in a few screen shots over bases are something similar?
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.