PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

I'll probably echo a lot of what has already been said...

PS2 is a larger game. Organization is always going to be advantageous... so larger populations are just going to lead to larger organizations. This will be true no matter the allowed size of outfits.

Smaller outfits can certainly be effective - you just have to adjust your goals. No - a squad or two won't be able to hold anything against the zerg. I think you're just going to have to adjust your goals and expectations.

2 squads can certainly be very effective in a massive fight. 25 ESFs show up - that's going to swing balance of the air battle REALLY quickly. 25 MAX rush into a base... that's going to change the situation. 25 infantry drop on to the roof a Tech Plant - you'll secure the balcony, quickly.

If you don't want to dive into the main battle... 2 squads can easily secure surrounding territories, cutting off the enemy.

Now - I think you're certainly right about bases not being defendable. I'd say in most cases, it's actually better to NOT be in the base. At least when you're not in the base, you can try and dodge TANK/LIB/ESF spam... Serious, serious problems that need to be addressed...

Other than certain instances where there are extreme skill/gear differences between groups of players - raw numbers are going to always be the major deciding factor in fights. That's just a reality of war in games and IRL.

Last edited by typhaon; 2012-12-21 at 06:42 AM.