PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

* Do resources need a bigger role? (in theory, a small outfit can better do resource denial with small territories)
I doubt it. If resources prevented people from rolling an armour column I think the only response would be frustration and as it making territories small would remove some 'structure' to the progress of the continent, if you know what I mean.
* Does territory capture need to be slowed down to allow for response, regrouping, and to wear down a zerg?
Absolutely. But it needs to go hand in hand with other changes, for instance is a 'team' attacks an outpost and forces the defenders back into the spawns within 2 minutes but then has to wait for another 10 for the hack, well I don't think anyone would be happy. Similarly if a group is defending a hacked outpost at the cap point and all get taking out by a passing lib wouldn't be fun either. In short, if we want extended fighting over hacks/resecures, which I think we do the outpost and bases need more defensibility.
* Does defense need to be more rewarding XP-wise?
Yes - I think there's enough XP available but part of it at least needs to be more visible. e.g there is an xp bonus like now (perhaps reduced a tad) but there's also a success in your face bonus at the end. Alternatively, have xp proportional to activity within the area a la PS1, which did work.
* Do vehicles need to cost more resources to help reduce spam?
Resources don't control vehicle usage really. All the will happen is that people will pull vehicles as now but then get frustrated when the resrouces run out. I thing an easy fix is to nerf the main gun and buff the secondary - the PS1 magrider is a good model to follow.
* Do deployment options need to be reduced to encourage more natural concentration of force? (I'm thinking PS1 here where you had 3-4 options on where to spawn and it kept forces together so you weren't steamrolled as much and opened up opportunity for small outfits to avoid the concentrations)
I don't think so, I think spawning options are fine.

I am a leader of outcasters which has a membership of a little over 200 now and we generally run 2-3 squads during the evening.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-12-21 at 10:21 AM.