PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket."
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-05, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

These weapons are better than the striker for attacking vehicular targets
First, the lancer does significantly less damage vs. armor than striker/phoenix. Second, it has its charge delay/CoF bloom which makes it hard to lead a quickly moving vehicle, and third, the person must remain stationary/move slowly to keep it as accurately as possible. I do however realize that it kills infantry in three hits, but unless the target is sitting still, it is fairly difficult to hit them.
The phoenix, while able to steer through obstacles and without line of sight, leaves the operator completely stationary, a problem that the lancer somewhat shares, but the striker does not (you can still run around as long as you keep your crosshairs on the target). Also, it must be reloaded after every shot, which means the target vehicle may be long gone by the time the next shot is fired. Third, lack of a dumbfire mode means it is harder to use in close quarters against a max (operator sits still for a moment, and he must reload after firing), a problem the striker, and to a lesser extent, the lancer, does not have.
I have tried all of the antivehicular weapons, and i dont think the lancer/phoenix are THAT much better than the striker.