PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Idea Revised: Time Share Servers
View Single Post
Old 2002-10-11, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

It seems that you have put a lot of thought into this, and I am starting to see your point of view, and if we follow it a little further I think that Planetside has already addressed this as best they can.

For example....

(if I am wrong in my understanding of this let me know)

There will be multiple servers in the U.S. covering West, Central, and East. As well as servers in Europe. I, being on the west coast sign up and play on a West Coast server.

Hamma on the other hand creats his charecter on an East Coast server.

Hamma and I will never cross paths because the 2 servers do not share information. This almost solves the problems that made you start to think about this in the first place.

Not everone has all the time in the world to play, but it's reasonable to think that people in my time zone will have the same time constraints as i do (work & sleep). So at the time I go to sleep most other players will be doing the same, and 16 hours later when I get home from work and log in those same people will just be getting home and logging in.

It would sure be nice to get a DAoC or an EQ players perspective on weather or not things can change that drastically while your sleeping.