PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - BF4 Mention: LOLWUT?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
camycamera
Major

Re: BF4 Mention: LOLWUT?

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Commander mode was good 5% of the time when someone actually knew how to use it, but the other 95% of commanders usually consists of:

"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"

Constant spam got way too annoying. That doesn't even mention the never ending mutiny spam, or the commander trying to airdrop vehicles onto your head and kill you. Titan mode was cool as a commander for sure, but I never saw anyone ever use the Titan effectively. Most of the time it never moved. There was ONE single match in my years of 2142 where we got the two titans right next to each other, and there was a pretty good battle.

But honestly, if the BF franchise wasn't complete shit now because of EA, no commander mode wouldn't really bother me.
OMG NOSTALGIA.

I remember when I was a commander, and there was a guy using a mic telling me to drop a re-supply box at his location, but I had NO idea where he was, because he didn't mark it on the map where he wanted the drop like he was supposed to. it turns out he was on top of a building, and he got pretty mad when he saw the ammo box drop past him. Then he started yelling at me, putting in mutiny, but i told him that he didn't specify his location like he was SUPPOSED to do, and lots of people agreed, but I stopped being commander on that round. Sometimes it is the solider's fault, not the commander.

But yes, I remember when I was sniping on top of a building, and I ran out of ammo, so I asked for a ammo box from the commander (the PROPER way), and he completely missed the building.... lol

And yes, those Titan battles where amazing, but sadly all the servers I went to had titans locked so you couldn't move them, but I remember one particular server had two titans next to each-other, and by GOD that was awesome. Drop pods coming from each Titan.... BEST BATTLE EVER.

PS2 definitely needs something like Titan mode.... except with THREE TITANS.....