PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cyber Monday computer ideas
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-02, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Cyber Monday computer ideas

Hey guys its been a little while since I made a post over here but I've been looking into building my little brother a computer like the one you guys recommended for me a little over a year ago.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k - (BX80637I53570K)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 (Z75 PRO3)
RAM: G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 (GV-N670OC-2GD)
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB (HD103SJ)
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO 550W (P1-550S-XXB9)
ODD: SAMSUNG Internal DVD Writer (SH-222BB/RSBS)
Case: Rosewill Challenger (N82E16811147153)

That was the list of my parts and I haven't really been paying much attention to the newest tech so i though i'd come ask for an opinion since yall all helped me with my first build.

His budget is about 1,000 just as mine was with a little room to go over if necessary.

My gut instinct for the big three parts are the new haswell chipset,I read that my Ivy bridge socket wont be very compatible with some hardware in the future, maybe a 4gb 770 for his video card, not sure who makes the best aftermarket one so i'm open to discussion, 8 gb of ram and I guess a motherboard like my z75. He wants an SSD for his OS and some of his favorite titles so that might be an area to cut costs. He wants to OC so maybe a hyperevo thrown in there aswell.

If you guys could piece one together for the holidays whats the best performance for the price?

Not in any kind of rush just would like some guidance.

Thanks.