PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Republic poll!
Thread: Republic poll!
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Program
Sergeant

Re: Republic poll!

Inalienable-Unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

This is the first flaw in your argument. That legislation would have been unconstitutional, and ergot out of the question, regardless of the "super majority's" will. The legislation would not go through nor would it be legal or approved by the Supreme Court.

The second flaw is that the majority is simply a collection of individuals, as it is a collection of individuals in government who influence said government, as you stated. Ergot, it can have more power than the individual, making it a wholly separate entity than the individual. Not sure what importance that had to your argument in the first place, though.

Now, when I was saying a republic is "ruled by the individual," I was getting at the main idea, not that there is a party head with absolute rule over the state, but rather the individual person technically having the be all end all power in some cases, i.e. inalienable rights cannot be trumped by a majority vote, legislation, president, etc.

Credit for the sig goes to Wristel
Credit for the NC Medic logo goes to Xyntech