PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Republic poll!
Thread: Republic poll!
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Re: Republic poll!

If you think the definition is false just say no and say why... It's literally a poll on the definition of something. The discussion has the point of it's meaning. Why would you be hesitant to enter it. You are imagining things! I don't care one pituty if you agree or disagree. That is the point! This is a way to get people to simply define things. That is the most important thing in an argument. You have to do that first... So this is a very good exercise and discussion!

So far the conversation appears more productive than 99% of them on this forum!

Republics (specifically the type of republic in place in the US) are still the rule of the majority, even the 'inalienable rights' are subject to the discretion of a super-majority.
Slight side bar here. I guess I'll be the one to stupidly derail my own thread a bit.... 8\

But in our case is that intentional or an aspect of an attack upon the system. AKA anything that tries to divert itself or has diverted itself from it's intended purpose. If it's outside the bounds it is not a part of the system. We have a stated intent in the higher law whether anyone wants to admit it or not! The lower laws conform to it to follow it's purpose. That is a principles government! If someone uses them to imply out the desire of the basic part of law it is not legal. It does not matter how badly it is written! Though people do this now constantly. All that matters is that absolute conforming to the base principle! No matter what you will argue, and you will, those minor arguments are not ignorant they are attempts to excuse and avoid the principle! If you are principled to the individual freedoms etc you cannot excuse a half assed version or you are not really going that direction! A principles government does not do it in a moderate way in a republic! Period! Correct?

Is that a safe assumption or sound statement? particularly if it's as a republican form of government specifically!? I guess that technically adds to the question of definition afterall.... 8) Is or isn't a republic always designed on the extreme of a principle? Is that part of the definition of a republic?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2013-05-24 at 05:57 PM.