PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zekeen
Major

Re: Shields Replacing Armor - Good or Bad Change?

It is a sequel though, and to a MMO no less, so it is touchy.

One thing I should of added to the polls, though it is kinda covered by yes and no, is that it'd be nice if shields were just slightly weaker than armor and you could choose your armor loadout for some classes to use shields or armor. Armor would be better if you had an engineer in your team, but shields for when you lack an engineer or the time to repair. It'd be like a side-grade that way.

There's lots of ways of going around this, I just don't like there being JUST shields and health like that. Makes it seem like you got a small portable handheld shield device pinned to your chest and your armor is just for show.

I'm somewhat guessing though, that they just made armor a part of health and shields might just be a light protective field with minimal capacity. We really haven't gotten to much info on this (part of the reason for me trying to call attention to it). If it's a health based thing with minor shields, even people like me won't be very upset. It all depends on the system.