PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I have no words.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-27, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: I have no words.

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
So locals have to pay through the nose to save a part of their cultural heritage because some aggressive interest group suddenly saw a problem that isn't there and threatens to sue them otherwise?

That's the worst idea ever. I have a better one:

I think you missed the point.

It's a religious symbol on public ground. Taxpayer owned and operated. It is, in fact, unconstitutional. There is a legitimate complaint.

People like yourself need to calm the hell down and recognize when someone from the 'other team' is in fact on your side. I've stated, again and again, that I have no problem with the cross' presence. My suggestion was for there to be a compromise. A way for the cross to remain where it is while at the same time removing the grounds by which it is being protested.

You might have heard the word 'compromise' before. It's what happens every day, a million billion times a day, that helps society survive. We all make compromises, big and small, so that our civilization doesn't crumble into anarchy. It's only when our ability to compromise breaks down that needless suffering enters the world.

Put on some calming music and put away the pitchfork. I'm not your enemy.