PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Auraxis for Tanks!
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-02, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: No Auraxis for Tanks!

Hierarchy of Planetside.

Aircraft>Armor>Infantry.

That being said I don't think I'd mind some objectives players in vehicles could capture. There's more than a few HUGE open fields on Indar and Esamir that could do with some tuning. They're absolute hell to go through to get to the next base. If players were actually urged to pull armor in order to capture an objective in those fields I could see it creating some fun fights.

I don't think the new spawn changes makes tanks any less relevant than they have ever been. It just a way to hard counter things you previously couldn't. Enemy zerging 40 tanks? Well then zerg air and force some of them to pull AA. Even when those forces are inside the base SOE has stated and seems deadset on going in the direction that ground vehicles should be interfering with the actions inside a base on a very minimal level. They actually said one FNO that if you find yourself getting tank shelled at spawn to go ahead and report it as a bug. Vehicles are just a way to get you from one base to the next now a days, no more camping on a hill and being 'tactical' by spamming the spawn with HE.

Last edited by KesTro; 2014-02-02 at 11:28 AM.