PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Auraxis for Tanks!
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-04, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: No Auraxis for Tanks!

Tanks have been screwed up for a while, I've always found it odd that people say the game is becoming *infantryside* when it seems to have been *vehiclesidE* for aaaages now, you can spawn a HUGE tank for almost nothing and by the time you die in it most of the time you can spawn another even if you didn't use certs to reduce the acquisition timer.

I spend most of my time blowing up tanks but I never feel like I'm helping that much as unless its a new players more of the time in a couple of minutes the tank I blew up is back with the same people in it.

It would be nice for 1 thing is tanks needed a dedicated driver again to stop lightning spam, it would be nice if the person using the top turret could be stop, it would be nice if the acquisition timer was longer, it would be nice if when you stood right next to a tank it couldn't somehow hit you (honestly I've never got this RIGHT next to a tank you should be safe from the main gun but somehow it defies logic to hit you).

If they did all of this I'd be happy with buffs to tanks as they would be more like tanks! not cheap to get, something you can't spam BUT when you get one its a tough cookie to crack. The flash can be spammed as its just easy transport for a huge map but a tank shouldn't be spammable.

A lot of the stuff heretic mentions would probably need to be added for this to happen as people would be pissed if they had to move continent when they just spawned a tank and then needed to wait an hour to spawn a new one. Hell those ideas would actually make it even cooler, imagine either a new type of aircraft for carrying multiple aircraft or just galaxies carrying tanks below them THAT would be cool.

As for the whole galaxy thing thats such a pain and I hope they revert it... whoever has the best air now will almost always win as they can bomb you to hell AND have a constant untouchable spawn point anywhere they like, even over places that normally stop you spawning. I have no idea how they thought that would be good, why did it even need to happen there was no reason at all but theres lots of reasons it shouldn't happen.

And no infantry can't do everything better, you die constantly to snipers and have no chance of escape if your spotted first, if you're spotted first as a tank you just run the person over or run away easily if theres to many then repair back to full faster than rockets can kill you. While it is odd to see barriers that vehicles can't get past but infantry can and I'd like to see another way of that being done it would be INSANE if there wasn't something to stop vehicles...

Can you imagine planetside where everybody is in a tank cos theres no downside to it at all just rolling into bases with 50 tanks then jumping out to take the point then hopping back in again, how would you even stop a column or 50-100 tanks if theres nothing to stop them instantly rolling over you? the only answer would be your own 50-100 tanks and at that point other than capturing points infantry would be completely worthless

Last edited by War Barney; 2014-02-04 at 09:23 PM.