PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 iPhone App
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 iPhone App

Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Don't make it over complicated in my opinion.

I think you should focus on:

1. Live world map, as an iphone user I think one of the most impactful uses I can see for this for planetside players would be being able to see what empires control what hexes and where the battles are. When I'm coming back from class or work I could check my phone and see where the battle is so when I boot up the game I already know where to go and don't have to check the map. It would also be fun to just track your empires progress while you're busy throughout the day.

2. Outfit stats. People love their outfits. You should have an outfit page that shows who is online, what continents people are on, their stats for the day + outfit wide stats.

3. Leaderboards... self explanatory

4. Search function. You should be able to search players names and see their profile with stats, their cert specs, etc.

5. Cert builder. Have a page where people can mess around with cert trees, item/vehicle customizations, etc.

Just have a main page when you open the app, nice and sleek but simple looking with links to those 5 functions and I think it would be a really solid app.
Thanks for the input, I'm planning on all those things. As for Sleek.. I'll post up some Screenshots when i have a bit more to show.. I'm planning on skinning the UI so it shows red/blue/purple/default styles and controls depending on what character you have selected as your main in the app, right now Its hardcoded to TR . I'll have a settings option so you can lock it to a specific skin.