PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 iPhone App
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 iPhone App

I was going to just take some screenshots but it doesnt really show you guys that much so i made a quick video demoing what i've done with regards to the my stats section, obviously all this could change completely but i thought it would be a good idea to rebound the current state off the community to gather opinions:

watch in 720p !

Most the effort at the moment has been finding the right layout and style but i'm reasonably happy with how its coming along, the side bar minimizes the real estate needed to navigate between sections. Clicking on each kills section will push across to a new window which will contain raw stats and graphs.

a few things to note that are ascetically unfinished:

1) The implants will have pictures of each implant instead of text, I haven't found anything suitable just yet for this but i haven't particularly looked
2) The right side Terran Republic emblem will be replaced by your rank medal shown in the GDC video on the website stats page.
3) Resources will also go on this section under the implants unless it has many attributes to display, if so i will either have multiple sections in the table view in the bottom half of the screen, one for kills and another for general stuff such as resources, maybe a cert view can go in there as well as the activity tab as the 'kills' section is probably too specific for it.
4) I will probably have a initial spash screen that comes up before entering this section of the app. I know for certain i will have a window that appears the first time you load the app up asking you to enter your characters (which you can skip if you want).
5) I'll have more details on the character select table view, such as an icon for the faction, rank etc.

As i said above the color scheme will depend on the faction of the currently selected character with an option to lock it to the default or a particular faction. I obviously started with the best faction first, TR. Will get around to doing the VS/NC when bored .

Comments and suggestions welcome !

-SF

Last edited by Snipefrag; 2012-04-25 at 02:32 PM.