PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Upcoming enhancements to the Planetside 2 metagame
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: Upcoming enhancements to the Planetside 2 metagame

I like all of those improvements; only tonight before I saw the post I, too, was saying outposts/bases should be timers instead of progress bars! The ease of spawning on your outfit/squad will also be a big help, particularly if they're halfway across the continent and the NC were blockading the TR Sanctuary for a few hours, like they were earlier.

I do have a suggestion, however. Recently you've been performing stress tests to see how many players you can fit on a server, but whenever I'm in a heavily contested area, my framerate grinds to a halt because of the amount of infantry around, even if they're all friendlies. Is there any way you could make latency optimised to be more fluid, depending on the relative number of total forces within occupied capture zones, compared to empty ones? For example, intel CPUs and some GPUs from both NVIDIA and AMD now increase their effectiveness based on the amount of load they are having to deal with, as do wireless NICs from Bigfoot...

It would be great if server latency could be consolidated to operate at peak efficiency on a zone-by-zone basis, only when there's more than 50 people there, since that almost empty areas would not require the same level of performance unless contested.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-10-17 at 12:24 AM.