PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So does anyone else think the class system has failed?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

So does anyone else think the class system has failed?

I think my biggest problem with it is how situational it is. If you're going to pilot a vehicle then you HAVE to be an engineer, if you aren't then you're at a disadvantage because you cannot easily stop and repair your vehicle. If you want to raid a base then you go light assault so you can easily jet pack to where you want to get to. Sure you can roll other classes but light assault just makes it so easy and as you can cap with one person there is no downside.

I find if I want to defend then I have to be HA because you'll be rushed with tanks and the only way to get rid of them is more tanks or the rocket launcher. Cloakers really have no role IMO, they're either snipers or now just run around with shotguns getting a massive amount of kills. With hacking not in the game and everyone being able to cap, I don't see why they're in the game. Healers again just seem pointless, the healing mechanic is not fun and it is just easier to keep respawning rather than wasting time looking for a healer. Tbh they should have just copied the BF system of throwing a bag on the floor like they've done with ammo.

I think the best thing about Planetside was how Armour inventory space was the restriction. You weren't restricted by class mechanics, you could only do what you could fit on you. So this really balanced stuff out by itself and was for more intuitive than class restrictions. I'd just run to a term and make loadouts that I like and save them, it was far better than being restricted by a class. Now I basically have to pick a class to what I'm doing like saying piloting a vehicle and I have other abilities I don't want and wish I could spec to something else.

I would love to see the return of custom loadouts only being restricted by inventory size. I'd love to see the return of looting the enemies weapons and having to find their ammo to keep using a weapon. I'd love to see hacking back, it would be great if a cloaker could hack enemy terminals so you could use them or hacking their vehicles etc.