PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So does anyone else think the class system has failed?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shenyen
Private

Re: So does anyone else think the class system has failed?

@EVILoHOMER

You seem to forget, that the abilities of players in PS1 were not only tied to their inventory space, but also to their Battlerank/Certs.

If you wanted to drive a tank, you HAD to have the Repair-certs, if you wanted to play in an infiltrator suit, you HAD to have the hacking certs - well, not necessarily, but what else would you do in that suit besides sometimes killing snipers with knifes - oh, you had to get the knife boost implants for that, too.

Unless you were BR 25, you had to make compromises when choosing a role to play.

For many players, except long time veterans, the jack-of-all-trades was nonexistant, they had to choose setups you would now describe as "situational" - well, except that those were not situational, but permanent.

So even if at every single point in time your abilities in PS2 are restricted by your choice of class - one moment later these abilities can be completely replaced by other abilities, simply by changing the class.

If they would change the system in PS2 and remove classes and add customizable ability-setups, for all those who whould never (or only after years) reach a higher BR, that system would be a step backwards.

Originally Posted by Mordicant View Post
I have no problem with medic. I would like a 'stand the fuck still' voice Macro but other than that give me that XP.
Hell yeah, i would love such a macro^^