PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
If I'm online it's to play a game and have fun. If I want to fly around in a circle in my galaxy ramming as many enemies as I can, then that's what I'm going to do. I don't need someone sending me tells asking me why I didn't join the outfit's squad. I don't like waiting for a squad member who went AFK, or having the squad wait on my for being AFK. I enjoy the solo aspects while appreciating the group aspects. The difference is when I'm not in an outfit I can do whatever I want without interrogation, which includes following some outfit around when I want to enjoy more organized adventures.
You can call it being anti-social or whatever makes you happy, I call it doing what I want since I have no obligations to anyone and prefer it that way when the game doesn't demand otherwise.
Solo all you want. But this explains why most of your suggestions are completely wrong for the game. You admit you do not play well with others. I Can respect that.

I just find it odd you are not playing a single player game instead. They are much better experiences for the style of play you seem to prefer. IMO. That's not saying Get out, its a confusion.

I Personally do not care if people solo, everyone finds fun differently. But this, "I'm to awesome to play with others", that's just mind numbing. You are missing out IMO on why Online games were created.

I almost want to ask to show us where the outfit doll touched some of you, due to the responses. Because that would likely be just as hyperbolic as some of the reason giving for not joining outfits in this thread. I Have never played a MMORPG for "The game play" ( MMORPG Game play is horrible ) personally, and mainly stick to Team oriented games myself.

I Guess the bottom line is, some people are team players and look for that in games. Some just want to farm, or something, with witnesses they will never know. But I'm sure if you tried, you could find a group of people you enjoy playing with. Trust me, the military style outfits are just not my thing, that does not mean there are not other outfits out there that I would enjoy.

As to the premise of this Thread, are solo players a growing problem. Nope. Not sure anyone cares about them.

But "Oh noz I may have to work with another human", wow. lol.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-03-06 at 11:58 AM.