PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?

I don't play in an outfit... I rarely play in a squad even, unless a friend is on.

Here is why. There is no reason.

Conquest means zip, zero, zlich, and... nada. I want to get certs/xp -- every single time I've joined some kind of organization, my cert output drops a LOT.

Oh. Let me clarify. From time to time I will join a squad, but only to get squad bonuses if I'm playing support, or if someone wants to get extra xp for repairing my MAX.

If I want to get XP for capturing a base... it's not too hard to just watch the map and drop pod/redeploy to exactly where I want, as the timer is ticking close to capture.

Often (when the option is available) I'll just drop into a battle where my faction isn't even present. More targets (or unprepared targets), more xp!

If I want to participate in a base assault, it isn't too hard to figure out where to go and what to do.

This isn't to say that I don't want to be in an outfit and experience good organization... but until there is a little more weight behind what is happening on the map - I'm just as happy to move from place to place gathering as much XP as I can.