PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Re: TRACK IR??

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
It's time spent on one feature that could be spent on another. If someone is not interested in investing the time and money required to utilize that feature, then it might make sense that they'd see it as a wasted effort.

That comment is so overused, and misunderstood. The level of coding that these guys are at (SOE) devs is so high that the time it takes to program in mouselook could be accomplished in less than 4 hours. You know how I know, Ive done it, and Im not even a professional coder. And all of that argument is besides the point. If Matt Higby wanted to do it. he would respond to Natural Point and say "hey guys can you set this up for us?" and they would provide all the necessary code needed to implement. And what does that equal? No SOE time spent on implementing the dreaded new fangled track IR.

I swear you all sound like Old people screaming " Back in my day sonny!!!"
there have been a crap ton of games that have implemented it and the world still hasn't collapsed. But the games are better.

But just cause I'm digging this conversation so much. How long do you think it would take to code it in? And what feature will they not have time to work on if they have to code a hat switch to move a camera a whole 3 ways?