PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons

I also agree with the OP's point and his offered solution. After your faction has been totally removed from a continent (which may happen more often than we think - as every faction wants to wipe it's rivals off the map), having the ability to pick a single hex somewhere (but who's decision is this?), anywhere on the map could really make things exciting for the morale-blown faction that just got wiped out. Being the victim of continent lock-out in PS1 was never a fun experience.

And it would keep the battle front lines fresh and dynamic infinately longer than any other idea I've heard sofar. And that will keep players playing longer, which is what we need.

I think this idea really deserves some serious consideration. There is some possibility of abuse - say your low on population and backed into a corner somewhere. Wouldn't it just be easier to do a faction /suicide - everybody die on purpose - just so you can choose a new and better starting point?

But I love this idea.