PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons

@Malorn, I think you misunderstood the question. I don't mean pop spread on a day, I mean total server population. With a limit of 666x3 (1998) per continent, we got a limit of 5994 people per server at launch.

World of Tanks even as I speak now (at 1:30 AM), on the Euro server has approximately 17.000 players online. There are around 450 instances active.

When there's a server you can play on, it may well be going to be full instantly when there are just three continents. I would imagine you'd need several European and several American servers. PlanetSide 1 started with four American servers and two European Servers. With the amount of continents available then, it was easier to spread the populations. With just three continents at launch, we may need a lot more servers.

In that respect, I also wonder if we'll be able to freely login to any of them with the same character, or if we're going to have to level a number of them on different servers to play at some times of the day.

But yeah, basically I'm worried about not just getting pop locked out of a cont, but also pop locked onto a continent.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-03-14 at 07:33 PM.