PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
...what made him suspicious to begin with, Geist? He was returning from a convenience store with a bag of skittles, on his way back to his dad's house.

... and since when is he huge?

... and I have to ask again, how is it bigotry to ask if things would have been different had he not been black? I don't think you understand the word 'bigotry'.
Sorry I haven't responded, been busy.

First off, I admit I'm no expert, but he was wearing a hoodie correct? And it was at night? I'm not saying he was in the right to follow this kid and confront him(if that was indeed what happened), I just think that it was more likely that he was looking at the fact that it was at night, he was wearing his hoodie up, in a neighborhood where robberies have taken place.

And he was 6'3" right(could be wrong, just got it off a random news site), although I personally don't know why I put in that he was huge, his height probably didn't have much to do with anything.

And finally, I probably shouldn't have said that you were a bigot for thinking so, and I apologize, but I do find it strange that people automatically jump to the conclusion that he was racially profiling Trayvon Martin when so far, the only proof has been edited recordings and personal opinion.

I personally believe that what is really fueling most racism in America atm is politics and the media, it's one of our greatest problems right now. The media and politicians/political parties are so divisive I feel we may be headed down a path we really don't want to head down.

I'm really wondering why they're trying to pin him for 2nd degree murder, when it really does look more like a manslaughter case. There doesn't seem to be much to suggest that Zimmerman, upon spotting Trayvon, had any intention of killing him. There was clearly a fight. The question should be, was the force Zimmerman used lawful?

I have a feeling he's going to be acquitted of these charges, which is unfortunate, because I don't think he's entirely innocent... I just don't think he's guilty of second degree murder.
I really am glad we can agree on this particular point.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams