PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby/Devs: PS2 Linux + Steam Q's
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Falcbe
Private

Re: Higby/Devs: PS2 Linux + Steam Q's

Originally Posted by Trevellian View Post
This is more of a curious question than anything else, hoping that Higby or any of the other Dev's are able to answer this question and aren't barred from stating a yes or no.

Question1: With all of SOE's other games that are F2P being released on Steam in the past few years, i.e. DC Online, EQ1 and EQ2 among others. What are the chances of there being a Planetside 2 steam client?

Question 2: With the news from valve that there will be a Linux Steam client coming out by the end of the year (or in Valve time, by the end of 2013). Will you be considering a Linux client? I feel like Valve creating the Steam client for Linux brings PC gaming one step closer to being able to ditch Windows OS at some point. I would love to see a Linux Planetside 2 Client to go along with the Steam Linux Client. Please, help to bring about the end of Microsofts monopoly on the PC community.
still after everything, linux is not user friendly, and you do NOT want apple to be producing the primary os for PC. they plan to close up mac os completly like the ipad and iphone are. with as little flexibility and freedom to developers and end users as possible. and they want gaming to move to the ipad and away from the desktop

Last edited by Falcbe; 2012-06-18 at 01:08 PM.