PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

Periodic Scoring is a great suggestion, and I'd like to mirror what Sardus said. It did feel kind of POINTless (PUNPUNPUN) to have those awesome holds for much of the match and then a quick flip of two points in the last few seconds cinched the win. So, that in mind, theorycrafting (this is only an example to encourage discussion and should not be taken as a direct suggestion of format change):

Not only could you take the score of who has what point at 5 minute intervals, you could introduce scoring for continuous holding of 2/3 points. In Round 3 when TRG was holding 2/3 points for something like 5-7 continuous minutes, they should have scored some points for that. I would almost say if attackers can hold 2/3 of cap points for more than 2 minutes, you should get some sort of score for that, and defenders could in turn be rewarded for completely preventing attackers from having 2/3. I don't want to make this really complicated though. Let's give it a shot, I'm using 1 point for each capture point held at each interval.

Match start, VS defending, TR attacking.

5 minute mark: everyone is fighting over the points and they've been continuously flipping, nobody has held a point for very long, but at the 5 minute mark VS hold two and TR holds one. Score: VS 2, TR 1

10 minute mark: Same situation, except TR now hold two and VS only hold one. Score: VS 3, TR 3

At the 11 minute mark TR hunkers down at point B and C and holds them both, uninterrupted, for 2 minutes. That nets them an additional 2 points, a "hold bonus". VS do not get a hold bonus for A, because holding one point is still losing the base. Score: VS 3, TR 5

TR eventually loses hold of those two points and it's back to intense fighting over all three.

At the 15 minute mark, or whatever the "end" is, VS makes a mad push for all three points and caps them as the timer hits zero, making the score VS 6, TR 5 - but that's a lot better than a similar situation (a situation that happened last night) where the score was VS 2, TR 0. This eliminates "playing to a draw" and awards points based on performance during the round instead of the end result of the round. However, it also requires a lot of stopwatches.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-08-22 at 01:11 PM.