PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #936
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
How this could be irrevelant ive show someone in prone position and ive seen him and kill him with ease

thats was the whole point but i think i must upload some more video but ive already proove manything about prone yet Ignoring it do not make the video irrevelant they discredit all false arguments thats come up !

The only problem about prone could be the implementation of it mostly the hitbox and few thing like this

nothing to do with all the ,, camping , dolphin d , flow reduce , etc.. all of this has been proove wrong in my many videos

also after ive proove them wrong they start to come up with Ok its not because prone work in MAG and Bf thats it will work in planetside 2 nad ive said we will see it in the beta but as far as i know Matt higby John Smedley tramell Issac have all said the gameplay gunplays is deeply inspire by modern shooters such as Battlefield , call of duty , MAG and so on

So at the momment if a presume the gameplay is based on those game can i say Prone might work well as well ?
Alright, this is the last thing I'm going to say on this thread because I don't think we're going to be able to salvage enough glue from this dead horse anymore.

Basically what you're doing in all your posts really is just reiterating what you've been saying since the first, and most of your arguments we can actually use against yours, "I can kill all these people who prone easy". Well, the fact of the matter is that this thread is called "Planetside 2 needs prone" and it's a poll, so it's asking us if it does or not. I have been saying that PS2 does not NEED prone, it's a fun mechanic sometimes, but the game is not broken or flawed with or without it. I respect all those people who have an opinion of why prone should be put in, but you're pushing the line of arrogance AND ignorance. When you say that you can kill people who prone really easy, it sounds like the tactical advantage of going prone doesn't offer much help at all. When you say that you can use the mechanic to move up the line and continue the assault using prone, given the size of PS2, everyone will be able to flank anyone and there's more to "sneaking" into a position than reducing your profile by laying on the ground. When you say that you want to save your life while you're being shot at so you prone, once again I say as I have said in my other posts, LOOK AT HOW MUCH COVER THERE IS. I have not, in all the videos I've watched, seen a place with cover further than a short sprint away. If you're caught in the middle of nowhere and the only way to save your life is to prone, well I'm sorry, but those snipers and tank rounds are gonna find you anyway.

With all that said and plenty more I'm withholding, does Planetside 2 REALLY need prone, or is it just a mechanic that people would want for the minor tactical advantages that it offers? I'm going to link to my earliest post with all my opinions on it so that it can be perused again. I'm currently for it's not necessary for the game, thus no reason to put it in, but if it's in, I don't think it will make that big a deal regardless.

Previous post

So now, let's just stop with all these videos and bickering about why it should or shouldn't be in, but let's start talking about why it would be necessary for it to be in or not. Something fun and exciting for a change.