PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview

Yeah, this is a problem that my brother (who tried playing with me and my NC friends) experienced first hand and made it hard for him to play well. That's why I posed my color-blind question in the Twitter Q&A thread the way I did, highlighting the problem with purple and blue.

Kudos for T-Ray for giving some passing thought to the issue, and rejecting green because of it. However, hopefully, some education like this thread can help them step-back and re-assess whether the things they have in place are enough, or whether there needs to be some either color swap palette options on the client side (that would hopefully be barred from exploitation and not provide unfair advantages to non-color blind players who used them -- matching brightness and saturation levels with the "real" colors, for example) or UI elements to further aid color blind players who aren't TR (and thus given license to shoot everything that looks at all blue to them, lol, NC and VS alike).

Because, as such, that's the only "good" solution, and it bars the color blind players from having their choice of empire or playing with friends who don't happen to be TR.