PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
morf
First Sergeant

Re: Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview

I'm red/green colorblind and I could easily tell the difference between red, blue and green, or red, purple and green. But the problem is like the OP said, the blue vs. Purple is really bad. Its not that we can't see green, its not that we can't see red, its that when you mix a small amount of red or green with another color, our vision filters out a lot of the red or green. So purple loses the red and just looks blue. But if it was straight red only or green only, we could see it because if you filter out some of the green from green, you're still left with green. If you filter out some red from red, it's still red.

Give me an option to make VS green and it would be freaking great. I'm not joking here, I have 2 choices: play TR or grief out.

Edit to add: red and green names above players are fine, the name red/green colorblind is a misnomer, we can see red, we can see green, it just gets camoflauged when you mix it with other colors

Last edited by morf; 2011-10-01 at 10:28 AM.