PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Sniper Debate - Once and for All!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-27, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Very well said!

However being a possible sniper in the future (and one who does not want to be a 1 man army) i would add 2 little things to your description.

1- On a Med armor it should not be 1 headshot for a kill, more like 2 headshots. On a MAX if you hit anything but the face it should do squat, if you do hit the face i would say about 15%, this means you have to hit the face (very small target) about 7 times without getting killed, not a very easy task.

2-Dunno if you planned it or not but i would hope for sway in the first seconds of aiming. This means you can't run, shoot, run, shoot, you have to stop, kneel (less sway if crouched) aim, wait a bit then fire, then either you get up and run or you stay crouched, aim again and fire. Between shots it should take a good 3-5secs before sway goes down enough to aim good.

All that would make the sniper indeed a worthy foe but only if skilled and you know how to aim good. I love sniping but only if it's realistic, otherwise i guess i'll hop in a tank like the rest.
Assuming "medium" armor is Agile armor, these are very good points, and I agree completely.