PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator
View Single Post
Old 2015-07-18, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator

Originally Posted by Chord View Post
A website will definitely be in order for the future. I'm not rushing to get one up just yet as I'm concerned about PS trademarks and legalities. SWGEmu is a great example of an emulator done right. A lot of pages can be taken from their book on how to run things.

I don't like the idea of running around with dumb bots myself, but it was just an interesting idea for the future. The only reason I could see for them in PSEmu would be for times when population is low. If this project has enough people, well, bots would become a side project. I do like the island idea though: Battle Bot Island maybe?

Glad to hear you're on board.
I honestly doubt that anyone maintaining a current PlanetSide 1/2 trademark would be agree to something like this, but who knows for sure.

At the moment, I don't have a well organized source tree and things are still in their earlier stages, but I'll keep this thread updated with any progress I make. Currently I'm working on allowing the PS client to login to my custom server.
soe/daybreak has done crazier shit before. tbh, it probably can't hurt to find smed's email and give him a good faith conversation just to try. whats the worst he can do? give another solid commitment he fails to keep his word on? (Hi PS2 2.0 update). I doubt he gives much of a shit about ps1, and it wouldn't shock me if he wanted to unload the task of that version of the game to someone else.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/04/29/ev...with-daybreak/

https://www.everquest.com/news/project-1999-daybreak

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2015-07-18 at 04:57 PM.