PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
See, I'd rather a bullet not go where the weapon's pointed (and, let's be honest, cones of fire are small enough that it's not like you have that perfect an idea of where the weapon's pointed for it to be *that* jarring, anyways) than have my camera view taken out of my control or have my crosshairs walking randomly around the screen.

Ah, I didn't mention that. I was thinking that the camera wouldn't be statically locked to the weapon. The camera would be influenced by the weapon sway more than the recoil, but still not overly much in either case. It would give much more of a impression of holding a weapon in front of you rather than being attached to a weapon that just zooms around.

Though honestly? I just want to stay the hell away from PS1 style CoF.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
This thread boils down to

...about a third of the participants saying they don't get why there's power progression at all in the game (and not getting answers).

...about a third of the participants arguing that the difference is no big deal and therefore it is OK (and bypassing the whole "why?" question entirely)

...and about a third of the participants saying some combination of dont' care, too soon, etc.

I'd really like some concrete rationale as to why this is even being discussed and at least what context under which this power gain is leveraged.

The key question boils down to...

How is the power progression activated?

A) Is it an always-on thing once you train it? As in, once I train assault rifle damage whatever I forever have like 1% more assault rifle damage no matter what I am doing?

OR

B) do you have a limited set that you custom configure to use at any one time and training the cert unlocks more options? This would be more like the Warhammer Tactics system or the BFBC2 Gadget slots.

A is a terrible design. B is absolutely awesome.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
A is a terrible design. B is absolutely awesome.
300% agreed. That is forcibly agreeing for two other people as well as myself.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2011-08-03 at 04:12 AM.