Thread: Old Oshur
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Old Oshur

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...td.php?id=2000

I saw this a few minutes ago and it made me think. If it was able to be activated for an event, wouldn't it be pretty easy to permanently put it back? That'd be amazing. Virrago would be the one to ask, no?
The problem is that it's not part of the lattice network. I'm not sure if you can HART or IA to it either if it's active. I think you need a GM to physically place your character there.

Don't worry tho, you're not missing too much. Take Ish, make it a lot smaller so bases are really close together, make a semi-smooth central area which is decent for tank battles but make it really jagged around some of the outer bases coupled with thick groves of ish-style dead palm trees that are a pain for ground vehicles to get around in.

So yeah, it's basically a smaller, less interesting Ish. I know there are many people that like it, and given a choice I'd take it over the Battle Isles, but there's good reason why it was voted off of Auraxis when the devs asked us which cont would be replaced by the BI's.