PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Old Oshur
Thread: Old Oshur
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Traak
Colonel

Re: Old Oshur

Actually, come to think of it, that DOES bring back memories. Of running around Old Oshur, as a cloaker, and not being betrayed by some FooYongCN in your platoon to his circlejerk buddies in Beijing, who now swoop on you seconds after their spy joins your squad.

I remember PS being LOADED with players, and being able to run around as a cloaker, and actually be CLOAKED. It is a lie that I hear a lot "Oh, yes, you get seen because video cards show you so easily. No. They had video cards in 2003, and I wasn't found, ever, except on the ultra-rare occasion when I sat still for fifteen minutes and someone used a reveal.

The game was far better then, not just because you could enjoy the wide open spaces without some CN triple-account triple-empire cheating scum swooping on you even if you were running around, or just walking around, cloaked with SS on, so you could not possibly have been found on reveal.

Reveal doesn't show someone from 2000m away where you are at this exact second.

I hope they fix that in PS2.

I would like to see any squad member who wants to join my squad, and see if any of the two other empires had anyone with the same IP address. If they do, then, nope. Go homo yourself out in someone else's squad.

It's funny, in real life, guys won't even look at me, much less at my girl, when I walk by them. In PS? LOL, the weak and immoral are the kings, and the people who don't cheat are the prey. Sad.

But, I guess little twits have to feel like the big man somewhere. God knows they don't around me in the real world. So being in an environment where weak, pathetic, scum reigns supreme through cheating is really an ongoing culture shock.

But, the gaming world, like Hollywood, isn't really dominated by people who would have much of a chance of winning a fight in the real world, so it makes sense to cater to them.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-12-25 at 01:24 AM.