PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
NoblesseOblige
Private

Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
It's a disaster -- for the sense of community that goes back a decade; for the dead certainty of dwindling PC support; for the old outfits that won't be able to make the transition from one platform to another; for those of us that would like to but will face the specter of hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours of gameplay going into the trash bin, or for the starving-college demographic that simply can't afford four hundred bucks on a new box so they can play their favorite game in good company with decent pops.

It's a rupture within the community similar to what we faced when European players would have been unable to access US servers. We made enough noise to change that. We need to do the same now.
This, ladies and gentleman, is what hyperbole looks like. A console port of Planetside 2 is not nearly as offensive as region locking EU players from US servers, give me a break.

Do you know what else goes back in our community for a decade? Paranoia. Seriously, every other post on old forumside: "This idle change will ruin Planetside" "Planetside is dead" "My pet issue isn't being addressed fast enough." The difference between now and then is the devs actually respond to community feedback and have the hindsight of the first game to not make some of the mistakes they did before (BFRs come to mind...)

Last edited by NoblesseOblige; 2013-06-05 at 06:54 PM.