PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-26, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Qwan
Captain

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
The problem with this line of reasoning is that it makes base defenses useless. You're calling for the defenders to actually leave their battlements and entrenched positions to fight OR be forced to constantly have people dropping behind all of their defenses. That begs the question why we have bases at all.

Right now defending a base is just fatiguing. It's far too active and it's lead to all sorts of problems with the meta game. Each battle right now is too chaotic and lacks the flow which was an essential part of Planetside 1's gameplay which is sorely missing from this game thanks to these kind of mechanics.

The current system doesn't promote territory control as well as it should which lessens the point of why we have a lattice system and eventually continental locking. There needs to be a better front line aspect and having defenders leaving their defense and attackers bypassing defenses is not helping.

Others have suggested a SOI but I still don't know if this is enough given the ability to steer your drop pod with near pinpoint accuracy.
I feel ya wasbie but you have to be ready to leave you confert zone to keep your base secured. As long as there is still enemy in the area, you really cant call it secure, once that last sundy or man/women is gone there will be no more spawn beacons and no more squad deploys. Now the next phase begins (on indar) breaking the link, which will stop jerks from back hacking. On Esimir and Amerish, I could see your issue being a problem, no lattice, back hacking becomes a issue. But to be honest there really is no way to secure a base unless you break the link connecting the enemy to the base. The squad spawn beacon is a tool that we have to deal with when defending a base. If I see a bright red or blue line shooting in the sky I make it a point to get to it and take it out. Now the squad deploy used from the main map is different, its cool down is like 4 min, not a lot you can do about that either.

I mean to me the beacon and squad deploy are just a tactic, If i can get a beacon up close you your base, I immediatly tell my squad to use it to get behind enemy position. I also tell them to use squad deploy to do the same. So when you say defending a base is impossible because of these tactics, its hard to swollow because is there is a sundy or a link, or a squad leader still running around your area it really not secured.