PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-26, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post
There is also the possibility of the SOI system like in PS1 to prevent excessive dropping on top of a facility, but the whole concept of drop pods is to bypass enemy lines. However, the idea of the SOI being controlled by a generator or similar objective could be an interesting alternative to the arbitrary no-deploy zone, if such a feature were implemented.
I know that's a squad beacon's whole point and I'm disagreeing with that entire tactic and philosophy. It renders base defenses useless and frustrating and puts less emphasis on coordinated pushes and more emphasis on whack-a-mole by finding the beacons placed throughout your base while constantly fighting troops falling from the sky with no real counter other than to find the beacon. Of course you also have to deal with the squad deploys too.

On paper it sounds great but in practice it's extremely frustrating and ruins what could be excellent battles with emphasis on zones of control and terrain control.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-06-26 at 12:06 PM.