PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why is NC winning?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-26, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Personally, I find the Prowler to be a great weapon. Every time I have seen it used, it's spanking competition.

Once again, I'll bring up Oshur this past weekend. The NC rolled a line of tanks through, past Zal and Atar. My Prowler tank crew alone killed at least ten of the fuckers. There were a few other tanks, and some air assets working there. Since the NC did not have a tech plant, they had to go back to the other side of the gate to get their tanks.

It all boils down to how SMART are you implementing your tank. KIAsan, my tank driver, would stay within the SOI and if we lost the shield and went to half damage, we withdrew and repaired, meanwhile reloading the ammo. We also stayed out of open areas outside the SOI and stuck to "sniper-like" tactics such as using terrain as cover and concealment, or the base walls as an extra shield.

Teamwork and communication trump any sort of gunnery skills. Everyone in my tank was on the same TS channel, and my outfit was there helping kill NC Crap-Op tanks. It also helps if your driver isn't a fucktard and rushing in to play CQB.