PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: MAX Melee Arm (Sacrifice a gun for better melee)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: MAX Melee Arm (Sacrifice a gun for better melee)

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
if you want a close combat for max just go duel flamethrowers. this is a first person SHOOTER game not a first person MELEE game.
And yet we have melee weapons and maxes can already do melee damage. Melee options are ok as long as they don't become the focus.

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this thread was powerfits from WH40k. The cool thing about them in that game is that they were best employed against tanks and big dudes.

I agree that a MAX melee weapon should do less DPS than a flamethrower against infantry, however give them the versatility of also doing decent damage against MAX and Vehicles. They wouldn't be the best anit-infantry/MAX/vehicle weapon, but they do decent damage against all of them. A versatile weapon with the drawback of it being a close range weapon on a slow unit.

You can then slightly mix up the damage against these 3 unit types depending on the melee type. Blades do a bit more against infantry. Fists are best for fighting another MAX. And Drills/chiansaws do a bit more against vehicles. Again, just slight variations to promote customization options (and get people to the shop).

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-07-05 at 03:44 PM.