PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Medic Utility Idea (video)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)

Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
It offers another type of play though in a sense - those that can drop their pack and not be married to their squadmates for short periods, in case they want to fight.

Additional grenades: eh how many though? You can already carry quite a few with the belt option. Are we talking 6+?
I see where you're coming from (in the way an ammo pack is put at a choke point to resupply through door ways etc.?) I just don't think that another aoe system is the answer outside what is already on the table.
With the belt option you can carry a total of 3 at the expense of nanoweave/shield capacitor/flak armor and I don't think that's a viable sacrifice (some might argue otherwise over choice) for the dedicated medic - I'd say that game play decision and rule definitely applies to the explosive types limiting the potential grenade spam from every character if each had more than one as standard spawn - I think that the non-explosive/lethal grenades should be where you can cert them as utility held options, so 200 for +1 extra and 500 for the +2 (revive/heal/emp etc.) the numbers don't have to be excessive they just channel your character to be more specialized rather than having the explosives as some token gesture tagged on the end.

Then again give me back symbiotic healing, nanite burst and/or Aegis shielding as utility or otherwise and I'll dump the nanoweave in favor of the grenade belt immediately..