PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I think in this game at we can have consoles and PCs playing together in the same servers. And if you want to use a gamepad then more power to you. The one thing is that a combined server would not support aim assist. And since that would ratchet up the difficulty substantially for a console jocky there should be other interface options for owners of the ps4. Instead pf a full blown m+k setup maybe sony could develop mini gaming keyboard and trackball. The pluses of having combined servers are incredible for pc users and I think it would be good for ps4 players as well.
I know people are concerned with the size of PS2's playerbase, but this is not an option. There might be an injection of players initially, but it would quickly disappear.

Console players choose the console because they want to play with the controller, AND be competitive. Not only will the mini-KB you are suggesting have no significance, because again that's not why console players own a console. They want to be competitive, but not at the expense of the reason that they bought the console in the first place.

Also, think about what you're saying. A common complaint about having a console version in the first place, is that it will take a lot of development time. Not only would it take up much time to develop an entirely new mini-KB, but they would also have to invest a lot of time into balancing KBM vs. controller (most likely at the expense of PC players in the form of restrictions like they have in Dust514)