PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Build for friend
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
CrimsonRisk
Private

Re: Build for friend

Originally Posted by CrimsonRisk View Post
I was also thinking of throwing down the extra 30 bucks to get a .3 ghz faster processor: i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz. Would this be wasteful? I tend to be a sucker for the "throw in a little bit more for a slightly better one" sort of sales pitch. I want a top of the line machine and I want it to be one for as long as possible, I probably won't have a chance to throw money down on computer parts again for a long, long time. Also, I'm seeing 4GHz processors from other brand names that are cheaper, what's up with that?

I'm grabbing an SSD Crucial M4 256GB. I figure I can store images and videos and stuff on my 1tb external and just keep game install files and such on the SSD for fast performance, so 256GB should last me a long time.

I think I'm going to go for 16 GB of RAM. 2x of these, as suggested: G SKill Value Series 8GB (2x4GB)
i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k 3.4GHz
Edit: I see you actually mentioned this earlier. Should be fine, then. I think I've got it just about all worked out, assuming my RAM + Motherboard upgrade is fine.

Getting this RAM as it's on sale and I save $12 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820313123

I was comparing power sources and I notice that the one in my cart says "Power Cord Not Included" under Extra Features (ironically). Guess I'd better order one of the site?

I plan to submit the order later today. I am getting free shipping on almost everything, only the case wasn't covered.

Last edited by CrimsonRisk; 2012-07-08 at 04:42 AM.