PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Medic Utility Idea (video)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
I see where the idea is going but as a dedicated medic/support player would I cert into it: probably not.

Triage in it's current state is for lack of a better word a useless and voided cert line for reasons that have probably been seen before in other threads.

Thinking about the situations I regularly find myself in as a medic I'm always on the front line picking people up or aoe healing. If I'm supporting a base push I'm there on the capture point with other players and I don't see the benefit of having an ammo pack style med kit when I'm equipped to the eyeballs with the medic gun, aoe heal (that probably heals more per tick) and a healing/revive grenade. If I'm supporting the push then I can aoe while the flip happens - there's no reason for me to be drop a pack and move elsewhere since I'll be moving to the next objective with the friendly forces.

The only people I can see this benefiting is the solo medics and even then I don't think it'd be used regularly as its faster and likely more productive to aoe heal.

Like I say I see where its going and the quick implementation solution and agree C4 is not on my list of medic acquisitions but I'm not sure this is the answer. I think the utility on the medic should be the option to carry additional grenades in the style of the suit mod however only compatible with the healing and revive flavors.
It offers another type of play though in a sense - those that can drop their pack and not be married to their squadmates for short periods, in case they want to fight.

Additional grenades: eh how many though? You can already carry quite a few with the belt option. Are we talking 6+?