PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: UES Interview with Matt Higby
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Re: UES Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
About the running animation, I wonder if he read my comment that the VS had to mince!

However...... I think the DEVS should seriously manage some expectations about the tunnels.

If people get what they are apparently going to get and that's it, they'll go ape.

People are expecting and hoping for an underground infantry area that can be fought in not a defending empire only passageway.

If that is simply a first pass before they're done properly then please say so before the mob gather their pitchforks and burning brands and match on SOE Towers!

Say, you're going to do right right with a later iteration. Please.

Second point. Matt talked about changing psychology of spawn camping by removing the xp award. This won't work, for one thing people are still rewarded by getting a kill that pads your stats. Even if you follow PS1's example and have 'qualifying kills' it still won't work because it didn't in ps1.

Which is not to say that dynamic XP is not a good idea, because it is and it's not to say that spawn camping is a bad idea because it isn't for gameplay reasons.
from what i understood right now tunnels are here to help people defend the base by using them as fast travel/defending positions. However i also understood that if the concept goes well then maybe underground/tunnels areas for the attacker can be implemented : think the tunnels entries under the amp station in esamir but bigger .