Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
You're either lying or consumed with denial. Of course you know what my point is. A very large facet of this whole situation is that the media was portraying this Martin guy as a 100% innocent little angel, who would NEVER start the fight with Zimmerman or break the law. A person's character ALWAYS comes into play in trial.
Martin has not broken the law though, and there is no evidence he started the fight with Zimmerman apart from Zimmerman's own testimony, for whatever that's worth when he's the only one alive who saw it. I'm not sure what you're asserting here. Does having tattoos and having been suspended make him more liable to have been a threat to Zimmerman's life, than Zimmerna was to Martin's? Again, Zimmerman is the one who has multiple criminal charges for violent offenses in his past.

I started off playing devil's advocate since the ENTIRE news media was against this Zimmerman guy. Demonizing him by using a mugshot as his picture, while doing the exact opposite for Martin by using a childhood photo. Now I believe this kid was a thug, got pissed that someone was watching him looking into houses, and decided to do something about it.
So Martin, with no criminal record, talking to his girlfriend on the way back home after buying snacks during a break in the football game, decided to attack a stranger in a neighborhood where people knew who he was -- after attempting to run away from Zimmerman first -- simply because the guy was watching him? That sounds plausible to you?

I have a counter-proposal. How about Zimmerman, a violent criminal offender and overzealous wannabe-cop, was tired that "these assholes" who "always get away" after committing crimes in his area. Plus, he didn't like "fucking coons" in the first place. So he decided he would detain Martin for when the cops arrive, which would also make him look good in the eyes of the cops. Zimmerman was hoping to become a cop himself, and this could be his first arrest. So, he chases Martin down, asks him what he's doing there, and moves to grab him to detain him. Martin hits Zimmerman in self-defense (as any of us would if a stranger chased us and made an aggressive move against us at night), a scuffle ensues, and it ends with the 110-lbs-heavier Zimmerman on top of Martin. Martin screams for help, struggling against the much larger Zimmerman. Then, Zimmerman panics (or is just a homicidal asshole with an anger problem, and he's furious he got punched in the face), pulls out his gun, and shoots Martin in the chest, killing him. That sounds more plausible to me.

Either way it needed to go to trial.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-03-28 at 02:43 PM.